Because of resulting legislation requirements for the mandatory filing of I-9 declarations by both employers and new employees, immigration law has become an additional factor of every employment relationship. MAPA Law has now added the practice of immigration and nationality law as an additional benefit and part of our scope of timely and helpful services to our client base.
Our attorneys help start-ups, small to medium-size enterprises, and public companies to address U.S. immigration challenges, carefully weighing all of the legal and business factors at play. It is our challenge to guide our clients through either employment-based, family based, or naturalization matters to achieve their individual objectives.
Our U.S. immigration services include:
- Worksite enforcement, I-9 and E-Verify requirements, ICE audits and raids;
- Nonimmigrant visas including:
- L-1A and L-1B visas for managers, executives and specialized knowledge personnel; and L-1 blanket petitions;
- E-1 and E-2 investment visas for executives, supervisors and essential skill workers;
- TN NAFTA visas;
- H-1B, H1B1 and E-3 specialty occupation workers, J-1 work visas;
- O-1 visas for workers of extraordinary ability in the sciences, art, education, business or athletics;
- B-1/B-2 visas for business visitor/visitors for pleasure;
- Employment-based green cards (lawful permanent resident), including Department of Labor (LCA) Labor Certification filings:
- EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, EB-5 filing for permanent residency
- Family-based immigration matters;
- Complex naturalization and derivative citizenship matters; and
- Assisting in the strategic planning concerning immigration consequences of formation, disposition and reorganization of U.S. businesses.